Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Top Ten of 2007


One of my favorite family things we do is make a TOP TEN list every Dec 31/Jan 1. Each family member makes their own list and then we share. This gives us an opportunity to remember things we did during the year that were highlights! Every year the lists are full of fun times and great memories.


Here's my list for 2007 (in no particular order)

1. Trip to Chicago with Richard (Watching the Cubs at Wrigley Field, shopping on the Magnificent Mile, The American Girl Store)/ Growing Families International National Convention in Naperville, IL.


2. Aquaport (family water park) day in Saint Louis with our kids. Watching Sheridan go up and down a kiddie water slide for four hours with laughter and smiles EVERY TIME was awesome!

3. Sheridan wrote her name for the very first time in September. (It's a long name!) As a side note, it was on an offering envelope from Mission Friends! :)

4. Erin's spectacular SeaDragons Swim Team experience. We discovered this is a great summer sport for someone who likes to do everything! She learned so much, competed well and had so much fun!

5. Ryan scored a touchdown (against Dardanelle) in the last game of the season. (He was sidelined with bruised ribs for 5 weeks of the season)

6. Lauren scores! In U16 soccer she was the secret weapon! And in 7th grade basketball she has found a sport she is loving!

7. The completion of our Kitchen/Living Room makeover. (New dining room table, counter tops, back splash, sink, fixtures, furniture)

8. The incredibly successful ORANGE BLAST birthday party I threw for Lauren's 12th birthday in June. (Orange food, orange bead necklaces, basketball pinatas, orange decorated cake, orange drinks)

9. My Kids Count Preschool kids. (My 3-year-olds hold a special place in my heart. I've only known them since September!)


10. Thanksgiving weekend in Heber Springs
Food, family, fun!
HOGS beat LSU!



Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,

who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1:17




2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hooray!!!! I'm so glad that you started a blog! I will check back often, as I have always valued your thoughts and wisdom as a wife and mother!

I love the "Top 10 List" idea. We should do that with our kids when they get older. Do you remember how old they were when you started?

Ashley said...

Also...I want a copy of that awesome pic of your kids for my fridge!