Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What a weekend

Last Friday night we did what I've been envisioning since my kids were tots. We filled the house with teenagers! Not since we led the youth group and my kiddos were preschool age, have we had a house full of adolescents! I came up with the idea about 5:00 PM and just told them we were playing games at 7:00 and they could invite their friends. Lauren's friend from the neighborhood was spending the night with 3 other girls...they all came. Ryan had the two neighborhood boys in the loop and Erin had a sweet girl spending the night here! That's 13 bodies if you're counting!

It was awesome! We played VICIOUS UNO! AND SPOONS! These are two loud and fast games and great for the living room floor. Of course we have no pictures because we were all on our hands and knees laughing and yelling and playing. I love it!

Here's a snack time shot! Trey's only climbing over the couch because we had to back it up into the dining room for more floor space!

On Saturday while Rich and Ryan were reffing soccer and Erin had a game here, I followed Lauren to her second Cross Country Meet. I wasn't expecting 1000 people to be there!

After parking and walking and finding our group of girls (whew!), I pulled out my camera only to discover my batteries (and my back ups) were dead. I love that feeling.

Anyway, one of the things I love about Arkansas is that I simply asked the camera- bag-toting Mom beside me if she had any extra I could borrow. She did. I took my pics and returned her batteries. THAT is Southern hospitality.






I'm going to support my kids in what they want to do. However, running long distances for the "fun" of it...I can't get my head around that!

Sunday was the highlight of the weekend for me. After about 3 and a half years of not singing in our Music Ministry I rejoined the Worship Choir. As an extra bonus I got to fill in for a Praise Team member that couldn't be there and help lead worship.

I was overwhelmed with the Spirit's confirmation that I was doing the right thing with my talent. I woke up singing that VERY old Michael W Smith song, "Not to us oh Lord." What a message for me straight from the Lord...I took it humbly and remembered that He is the reason I sing. I was filled with joy all day as I had truly worshiped with my whole self in the morning.

Sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things;...
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music;...
Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.
Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the Lord, for He comes to judge the earth. from Psalm 98

1 comment:

Lauren said...

MAN.. WAS GAME NIGHT FUN, OR WHAT?!?!?! I LOVED IT, AND MY FRIENDS HAD A BLAST TOO!
thank you for coming up with the idea!
(oh, and who is that cutie in the track uniform?)
love you!