Wednesday, April 28, 2010

11 days...


I'm not ready. Each day is filled with so much here that other than asking my mom to send me a new swimsuit I haven't done one thing to get ready for our trip. This morning I woke up thinking about it...thought so much that I almost forgot I had a doctor appointment this morning, and Erin has a eye appointment at 2:30, and I haven't arranged to get Sheridan from school early, and Lauren and Ryan will be getting out of soccer and baseball when I'm supposed to be in a VBS meeting, and Richard is out of town. But I didn't forget.

I'm loving my life right now. I have so much to be thankful for and because I have been spending some real time in the Word, God is so visible to me in all the little things.

Have you seen the Louie Gigglio sermon about if the earth is the size of a golf ball then the sun is 15 feet across and there are stars that are exponentially SO MUCH BIGGER and yet,
we're still on a golf ball and YET,
God sees each of us,
cares for our needs and has planned eternity for us.!!?

It's almost too big for me to consider and yet when I keep trying to keep His perspective the groceries and dust don't bother me nearly as much as they could.

Hawaii will be a fabulous week for me, even if I don't like wearing shorts anymore... Mostly because I'll have so much quality time with Richard, and because I'll get to see His handiwork that I've only seen on postcards.

No comments: