Thursday, October 7, 2010

Great Read


Now that my business season is over, I've gotten back to reading. While in BA we were located right beside a great used & new book store. While Jane (my dear friend and also a voracious reader) was there helping me, I sent her over to scout out the store and find us some new books! None of our favorite authors have written a new book in awhile...Dee Henderson, Kristin Heitzemann, Lori Wick.

Finding Anna is the story of Anna and Gates Spafford who survived the Chicago fire, helped thousands of survivors rebuild homes and lives, had 4 children, and were friends of famous evangelist D.L. Moody and his wife Emma.

It was a story based on their lives and the tragedy that they experienced after the fire and through the rebuilding of their lives. I don't want to spoil the story for you by telling you what Mr Spafford is famous for, I had heard of this man several different times in my life and because I knew the ending I was looking for it.

This family had their faith tested several times and the book was written showing them as human and real.

I finished the book today and have been a little melancholy since. I'm saddened by their story and yet encouraged by their faith. It's a great read and I encourage you to find it.

It is perfect for teen readers too.

No comments: