Tuesday, April 3, 2012

PROM - Lauren 2012


I'm somewhat anti-prom, for what the TV and movies have made it into. For the inappropriate dresses for 16-18 year olds and for the statistics. HOWEVER, when done tastefully and with a great group of friends, the night can be fantastic. This was our first time to buy a fancy dress for one of our girls, I have to say, I was a little uptight about how different our tastes would be. I threatened reminded her when we went shopping on the first day she was going to need to be willing to try on a lot of different styles to get a good idea of what she wanted. I'm pretty sure she agreed and then said, "I'm not getting a red dress. No school colors, ok?"

Doesn't she look beautiful? From the jewelry to the hair, to the nails I glued on crooked...the girl looked stunning. So thankful and happy for Dillon, who is a great young man. Our kids took pictures with their classmates, went to prom for a couple hours, then went on a progressive dinner at their own homes, arrived at our house at 11:30 for a picture scavenger hunt, ate sweets here until about 1:00, then headed next door for a movie. Lots of yawning in church on Sunday...but smiles all around.









No comments: