Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Last day of break!!



Wow, we've extended our fun times as far as they will go! Lauren had a great time shopping yesterday and came home with a shirt and jewelry. If you know Lauren, this was a big shocker for us! Our little tomboy is branching out! This morning she had a dentist appointment at 8:30 (thanks Mom!) and wore her new ensemble! You're looking beautiful girl!

Erin is having a friend over today. It's kind of in honor of her room being clean for 3 days now! I haven't checked under her bed, but we've already called her friend, so we'll look there later.

This morning I gave the family an opportunity to remember with me what BIG DAY TOMORROW IS! Erin says..."Is is sort socks day? Because you've got that sound to your voice!" OK, she was right...it's cut and color day. My hair appointment is tomorrow and I'm pretty psyched! Still sounding petty...but a good haircut is therapy of the best kind!



But now for today! A FIELD TRIP! We picked up Erin's friend from around Lake Ludwig, and although it wasn't sunny, we went out on the dock and looked at the glassy water.


NEXT, we went to LYDIA'S FARM. Lydia is Lauren's friend and has all these animals at her house! I visited with her grandfather yesterday and thought this would be a fun trip! Aside from the doubting looks, the kids had fun tromping through the mud (a lot of rain fell last night) and seeing the animals.
This was my favorite rabbit:
FROSTY.














This is a baby calf she got the day before. She gets up at 5:30am and feeds this baby with a bottle.









These are her two goats: LAFFY & TAFFY. I couldn't keep up with who was who.










We took a long hike down a hillside to get to a clearing where Lauren and Lydia had been making a fort over the weekend. These girls are AWESOME. I'm so thankful my 12 year old spent two of her days off school riding 4-wheelers, clearing a fort and taking care of animals!

Well, it was a great ending to a LONG midwinter break!
I hope my kids have GREAT memories of fun things we did when they were young!


3 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun day! LOVE your new "Life is good" pic!

Mom said...

neat

Mrs. Hughes said...

What a fun Winter Break!!!! Can't wait to see hair pictures! :)