Monday, February 18, 2008

Mid Winter Break...Continues!

It's getting harder to keep everyone entertained. Erin finished cleaning her bedroom before going to bed last night! I mean, that's usually a given for boredom! Sheridan slept in Lauren's bed last night - a real sign of vacation at our house is to switch beds with a sibling! - Lauren spent the night and all day today with a friend.

Ryan hung out with his buddies most of today. It seems like his friends haven't been all together this entire break. He's very fortunate to have 3 guys in the neighborhood to be crazy with. They played hard on the trampoline today - they have invented some rough games over the years to keep them in laughter and bruises.

Of course, as a mom I'm just thrilled both Ryan and Erin got their much needed eye check-ups today. It's hard to get school kids appointments. Aren't we glad they both need new prescriptions on their glasses!? I paid for the eye exams but am holding off on the glasses until later in the week. I guess I can be thankful we weren't getting braces! Speaking of that...tomorrow we have two dentist check ups. I thought I was a brilliant mom making all these appointments during their school break! Yeah, it's fun getting up early to get your teeth cleaned! That wasn't a very popular decision.

Tomorrow Lauren is going to "the city" to shop with her Life Group. She's the least likely in our family to shop and enjoy it. Oh well, she'll learn, I guess. A budget is all she knows now. It will be interesting to see what she comes home with!

Staying at home isn't the best thing for someone who is trying not to eat unnecessarily. Today I snacked a lot on things that weren't bad for me but certainly weren't needed. I must remember this tomorrow morning...it's cardio day. I'm also getting back into my nap habit. I gave up reading fiction (my favorite hobby) for 40 days and that's a bummer when you have a chunk of free time. Hopefully my heart will turn more toward the things I'm learning from A Call To Die. It's a great devotional and Richard, Ryan, Lauren and I are doing it together.