Thursday, November 20, 2008

A New Look

This weekend we finished the first stage of landscaping our house. Seeing as how we have lived in this house for 11 years and haven't done anything but trim 20 year old bushes and plant some crazy growing monkey grass...it was time for a change.

This is what it looked like:



This was our first attempt at a change:

We had a couple help us with selecting the plants, rock trim and the planting.



On Saturday, Richard tweaked our work and came up with this:



It's exactly like my plans were drawn and I'm very pleased. NOW, I would like to stain the bricks a dark wine color. I'm not even missing the shutters...and the trim all needs repainting. The flower boxes need to be filled and either painted or covered, and I've got to figure out something to do with the bright green hose. OK...it's like the Lowe's commercial, there's always something we can improve!

I'm so thankful for this. It makes me smile when I come home and I'm glad Richard and I got to have our hands in the dirt too. We are blessed to have this home.




Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

This is definitely one of my favorite places.

No comments: