Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Thankful Wednesday



It's the day before the Feast, and we're all at home, together! I got to sleep late, wear jeans and a t-shirt all day, catch up the laundry, clean two spots off the carpet, cull Ryan's t-shirt and jean drawer, vacuum the house, make lunch for all of us...it's been awesome!

Sometime this morning while I was still asleep Richard was inspired by Emeril on GMA. He made a trip to WM this afternoon for ingredients for "confections!"

I'm making hashbrown casserole and sweet potato casserole (by request) and get NO attention in the kitchen, he starts making fudge and voila! all the kids are present with their little fingers reaching for the marshmallow cream! He allows Sheridan to help him with the fudge, explaining boiling, sauce pan, melting and the like! She's enthralled and of course gets to lick the spoon.

He's also making chocolate pecan pies...OH MY, my Prince Charming is in the kitchen!





2 comments:

Lauren said...

the chocolate, pecan pies were/are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!

Ashley said...

I can also vouch for the chocolate pecan pie! It was hands-down my favorite dessert at Thanksgiving! I'm so impressed that my brother would be inspired to attempt it!