Monday, October 12, 2009

Classics



I'll admit it. I love to watch I Dream of Jeannie on WGN in the afternoons. I got tired of HGTV reruns in the afternoon...and I'm so glad WGN bought these old classics. When I was young I tried to bob my head to get some magic working (just in case). I've tried it recently, it still doesn't work. Richard can't believe I like these episodes, even the black and white ones. But if I've got the laundry caught up and dinner in the works...I think it's OK to indulge!


*I think it's interesting that social drinking is OK on Jeannie and Bewitched. They were totally acceptable in the 60s - early 70s. I didn't remember that from my younger years but I notice it now.

Larry Hagman is so young in the Jeannie years. I mean, early 20s. Because I was allowed to watch Dallas, it's hard for me to see him and not think that he grew up to be a mean man in Texas. That's what growing up in front of the TV will do to you!

1 comment:

Mrs. Hughes said...

I used to watch Nick at Nite on Fridays... Dobie Gillis, Mary Tyler Moore, Green Acres, Mr. Ed, Mork and Mindy, Patty Duke, etc. all the good stuff... including Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie... I wish those were still on TV Land!!