Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quote of the day


I read a lot. I limit my choices to Christian fiction, non-fiction and how-to books. Every once in a while I find a quote that hits me and I've decided to record these here. I believe God uses many different ways to get my attention.

For instance, I've been a little lax in my Bible study over the holidays. It doesn't matter that I have 4 great Bible study books lined up to read and another one started...I just haven't opened THE BOOK with much regularity the last 14 days.

In a Kristen Billerbeck novel I finished last night, the main character is at a singles Bible study and she is talking here in first person...

"The group recaps their previous conversations and then I read a key passage aloud, getting into the lesson in spite of myself. Isn't that how Bible study works? It's a pain in the keister to get there, get your brain focused, but when you do, your heart follows. That's gotta be God."

I have never used the word "keister" but the point is true for me. When I do my part, God is always there to do His.

Come near to God and He will come near to you. James 4:8a

No comments: