Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great Girls

I've been teaching the Sr High girls Bible Study class for about a year. There is this real special group of 11th grade girls who I really enjoy! Most of them play on our girls bball team and recently we traveled to watch them play in the district tournament. I'm not related to any of them, but I sure felt like a mom as they played their hardest.

For a number of reasons, I'm not teaching right now. It was very hard to give up my class, but it was what I needed to do for now. I miss these girls. They are FULL of potential for the Lord and His work. The girls are fun and confident and strong. They are interested in what God's very best for them will be.

I'm thankful Ryan is spending time with this particular group of kids. In fact, he's going to prom with one of the sweet girls from this group. With so much pressure on our kids to make bad decisions, I'm glad this group is accountable to one another for making good decisions at school and on the court.




Parker, Anna Grace and Sheridan cheer on the Panthers! I'm so thankful for her sweet friends!


Counting our blessings in small town living...

1 comment:

Mrs. Hughes said...

Wasn't so long ago (was it?) that I was one of those 11th grade girls you were loving on! HOW BLESSED THEY ARE! love you!