Monday, August 16, 2010

Yesterday in a nutshell:

Missed church to go to soccer tournament.
Soccer game cancelled due to injured players.
Half way to tournament when we found out.
Two stops to make in LR.
After first stop, XTerra is dead in parking lot.
XTerra will not start or be jump started.
Borrow friends car to visit Tyler's family at ACH while waiting to talk to Richard (who was in church).
Wilt in parking lot while tow truck loads our vehicle and takes our money.
Wait in A/C at Rhea Lana's of WLR, help with their sort, and wait for friends.
Sweet Diamondback family (who was also visiting Tyler) picks us up and brings us home.
Today neighbor takes Lauren to work.
Ryan gets a ride to football practice.
Richard lets me take vehicle to Conway...where I picked up the wallet I left in LR yesterday after paying the tow truck, and my camera...that I left in Searcy last week. AND, I returned keys to friend that I borrowed yesterday. UGGGG.
ALMOST ran out of gas, even though Richard called to remind me to check it.
Met leaders in Russellville to exchange goody bag inserts, posters and yard signs. Delivered lables to a consignor but FORGOT to drop off a shopping pass.
After lunch at Subway, had Richard drop me off at home, then remembered Erin needed a ride to volleyball, so he had to come get her at 3:00.
Richard and Ryan are now on the way to LR to pick up the XTerra, diagnosed with a dead battery cell and fixed at the dealership.

This song came on the radio today when I was headed to Conway...praying for Tyler, thinking about the car in LR, processing the upcoming sales, a headache creeping up the back of my head...

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"

"I Will Rise" sung by Chris Tomlin


No comments: