Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ryan, my son



Ryan's is 17 today. As in, 17 years ago I had my first baby! He was a precious 9 pound 15 ounce boy with long straight black hair and the chubbiest legs and arms I had ever seen. He was a great baby and a textbook first child.

Ryan has given us millions of laughs, memories and joy every day of his life. Have we argued, yelled, and cried together? Yes. Are we still close? Yes. Do we love one another? Yes. Are we opposites in a million ways? Yes. Am I my son's biggest fan? Yes. Do I pray for him...for his character, his choices, his friendships, his future? Yes. Do I hurt when he hurts? Yes. Do I clap when he succeeds? Yes.





When I was pregnant with Ryan, my heart miraculously duplicated inside of me! I was immediately connected to him and after he was born it changed only physically. The years have changed this only in growth. I have watched him grow from an infant to a toddler to a boy to a teen to a young man. I love him so.

Ryan, the future is yours and I can't wait to see where God leads you.

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Candy Dunaway said...

Happy Birthday to Ryan! I know you are SO proud of him Jennifer. Great post.