Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Potpourri...

I'm still here. It's not that I don't have anything to say, but nothing I think anyone else would care to hear me say. Really, getting the tub scrubbed one day before school, holding a new baby in our Bible Study class, getting clothes ready for the consignment sale, coming up with (and making) cute valentines for both Sheridan and Erin, getting the laundry caught up tonight, making several unplanned and inefficient trips to Wal-Mart, and generally doing the Mom thing has kept me quite busy!

The last two nights we've visited our kids schools to go to Parent/Teacher conferences. I've NEVER had as much self-motivation as my 3 older kids have. I am so thankful for their willingness to work hard in every endeavor...even if they need a little prodding. Honestly, I should be more thankful for my kids who actually listen to us and desire to do better. I think the skill of "finishing the fight" will be a huge benefit to them in their futures. I don't remember my parents having to go to conferences with the teacher...however I may have blocked it out.

My last entry was about preschool and I hadn't had a very good day, to put it mildly. I'm saving all the good stuff for a book that I'm considering titling: All I've Learned in Preschool. Each day is filled with laughable moments and learning experiences for me! Some days I feel like taking up smoking behind the building to be rebellious and see if that really relieves the stress...some days I feel brilliant and inspired when I'm teaching...most days I'm just trying to keep my head on straight and remember where I put the wet wipes.
FOR INSTANCE...This is a day when I thought knives, pine cones, peanut butter and birdseed would magically make a good project.
On this day I learned: 1. Most 3 year olds don't really like to get their hands sticky and 2. Most 3 year olds do like to put most everything in their mouth.



For those of you who are wondering...Richard and I have been faithful to our workout commitment for over a month! We still get up in the dark and I'll admit that last week I missed two days. Richard looks good and I'm very, very happy for him, although admittedly a bit jealous. I feel better and definitely have more tone and strength, but am not seeing my weight drop or clothes fit differently...yet. In fact I'm looking forward to the day I can enjoy a picture of myself again. I'm prideful that way, but I hate seeing that crease in my neck. Don't send me a love note...I'm working on it and hopefully will see more results soon.


Speaking of pictures....for our most recent picture...you can check us out at rhealana.com and click on "RUSSELLVILLE." Sweet friends, sign up at the mailing list link and let's sell together next August!

No comments: