Thursday, April 17, 2008

Weekend Plans

This weekend I've been giving an opportunity to go to a Women of Joy conference in Branson. One of my dearest friends can't go and gave me her ticket! I've been to a WOJ conference before and it was really good. Liz Curtis Higgs (I just finished two of her books), Jeremy Camp, and Karen Kingsbury (LOVE her R, F, and S series) are some of the people who will be there! Richard is more than wonderful about encouraging me to go and enjoy myself...why am I so apprehensive?

I used to be such a social person...I loved to have people over, go to others' homes, visit with the girls, play games, go on road trips...something has happened to me! IS IT MY AGE? I feel like such a fuddy duddy, but I have turned into a homebody. Nothing is wrong with wanting to be at home, but I'm like not even looking forward to this weekend! What is the matter with me!?

Practically speaking... my husband is MORE than capable of doing EVERYTHING I do at home...except fixing Sheridan's hair (which Lauren can take care of now). Secondly, the laundry and dust will be here when I get back. Third, I can get my lesson plans finished today and tomorrow and be ready for Monday. Fourth, the conference runs through Sunday so I won't need to prepare a LCBS lesson...in summary, I don't have anything pressing here.

I need to think that God has something huge for me and the enemy is simply trying to play on my fears. This month...I've resigned my school position for next year, I've resigned Children's choir...and I simply don't have a lot of plans for my future. My baby is going to Kindergarten in the fall and I guess I'm feeling a little unsure.

I hear YOU: "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you." declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."

I really dislike the feelings of being a little lost. I get especially sweaty if I'm lost in a big city. I get nervous if I'm in WM and can't remember what I'm supposed to be shopping for! I think that God is trying to get me to rest and let Him be God. I can wait eagerly for what He will say to me through the speakers and HIS WORD this weekend.

Thank you B for the ticket and the trip.

No comments: