Monday, May 12, 2008

Meal Plan Monday - May 12-18




OK,I've been very anxious to post a menu. My teaching "neighbor" always asks me what I'm having for dinner...and it's put me on my toes!

I just finished reading Karen Ehman's new organizing book (http://www.karenehman.com/home/) and she inspired me to put together a 14 day menu rotation.

It's my first week, so it all sounds good so far. Last night I browned ground beef for my first two dishes and made the enchiladas and lasagna. It was so awesome to put the meal in the oven tonight and take my kids to swim team practice. Dinner smelled great when we got home! Victory for a busy mom...

Anyway, here goes. If you don't know me, my personal cooking philosophy is, "If it takes longer to make than it does to eat, it's too much time in the kitchen." Everything I make is easy and I do get compliments on my cooking!

Enjoy!

Monday: black bean enchiladas, corn on the cob, raw veggies & Ranch dip

Tuesday: lasagna, garlic bread, salad (I just remembered we're going to the band's fund raiser spaghetti supper! Oh well, there's a lasagna in the freezer for later!)

Wednesday: crock pot chicken, biscuits, green beans

Thursday: pork chops (grilled or crock pot), potatoes (mashed or baked), raw veggies & Ranch dip

Friday: grilled chicken, black eyed peas, salad

Saturday lunch/dinner: chicken quesadillas (use remaining grilled chicken from Friday), chips and homemade salsa

Sunday lunch: garlic chicken, wild rice

Check out more menus at http://orgjunkie.com/

4 comments:

Maranda said...

I'm so proud of you! :) Love, Your teaching "neighbor"!!! And it all sounds so good....

Niki Jolene said...

it all sounds yummy!

:)

Ashley said...

Whoa! I just sent you an email commenting about how meal planning was one of my biggest weaknesses. I had no idea that you had just written a post about it. I'm inspired. I can't wait to read your book.

I actually have a great spreadsheet that KC Pummil gave me. I'll email it to you. My problem is just sitting down and doing it. This actually seems a little simler. I'll check out the website.

Ashley said...

"Simler" was suppose to be "simpler." Oops.