Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our first sale

I cannot give enough credit to God for working before me, with me and after me during the planning, organizing, and actual event dates. There were days I was working on less than 5 hours of sleep and a banana for food during an entire day. I encountered a few things that I wasn't prepared for...and there was a way out of each of them. He gave me strength when I was weak and gave me abundantly beyond what I could ask or think for my event:

1) My leadership team ladies were WONDERFUL workers and now I consider them friends.
2) There were a total of 149 consignors, and 98% of them were very happy with their sales.
3) We had MANY, MANY, MANY shoppers and they were happy with their selections and their purchases.
4) I have about 10 PAGES of new entries for our mailing list and the most popular topic of conversation on pick up day was where we would have the sale in the spring.
5) People had fun at our sale! They went out and told their friends and co-workers and then they came and had fun! Then they went out and told their friends and co-workers...

Personally, I was most touched by my parents and in-laws total dedication to Richard and me to help pull off the sale. Gramps helped load and unload, load and unload all our racks, tables and tubs from Conway to Russellville and back to Little Rock. Almost all of that was done in the pouring rain.

My Dad came and not only helped shuttle all my kids to and from school and took care of meals, laundry and the house...but one day he made two trips to Russellville for me bringing racks, loaded hundreds of clothes from my house into the store, sorted things on racks, printed hundreds of labels when I just couldn't sit down to do it, made trips to Wal Mart and who knows where else, AND stood in the parking lot two different days parking cars because we were overflowing into another business' parking lot.


Mimi came on Pre Sale day and greeted every shopper with all of her gracefulness and made everyone feel special, and then helped them leave the store with an invitation to BSF. She also popped back in on Wed and helped out during our overflow public day. Really, getting me lunch one of those days was a highlight for me.


My mom flew in from market in Las Vegas on Wed night and got to my house about 1 am! The next day she took me to the store at noon (Where Rhea Lana had volunteered to open the store for me so I could get some sleep) and my mom just plunged right in there working the door, sorting clothes, getting me change from the bank, and generally anything I asked! On sort day she worked with my volunteers to resort our unsold items for the consignors until we were both very tired and hot.

I have never felt more loved. Thank you.

Richard and I had a partnership agreement: I was going to handle the people and the clothes, and he was going to handle the computers and the budget. Here's a funny pic someone took while he was setting up computers.

On Wed he zoomed down the interstate to help check out people for 2 hours as we were overrun, he helped open up the store each day, he arranged all my utilities and secured the building, he drove me back and forth to work all week! He even wore the VERY PINK t-shirt! His help never stopped...and knowing that the kids were getting his attention at home was a BIG comfort to me. I went two days without seeing Sheridan awake!

Here are the pics for those of you who couldn't be here...I can't wait until next March!















I have more pics...some of the shoppers...and I'll post them soon.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hughes said...

I've been thinking about you and hoping everything went as planned (or better!). So glad to get this report!!!