That's what the ER doctor said yesterday when he saw my x-rays! I didn't manage to break my foot in a "traditional" place but I broke it on the lateral shaft! Woo hoo! It's typically rewarding to hear that you did a good job with something...not so much yesterday.
I knew it might be bad when I (totally at a loss with x-rays and ultrasounds, etc) could see that the outside bone in my right foot looked a little like a twisted breadstick. I'm not in a lot of pain now, with a splint and some hydrocodone. It worked a number on me last night when I couldn't seem to get to sleep until around 4am. I was thinking about random things like where some of my high school friends were and what I was going to get Richard for Christmas...uggg!
What was the feat I was accomplishing when I did it? I was decorating the stage at church for VBS when I stepped off the second step with a huge planter. The fall came because I thought I was on the bottom step. My right foot went off the edge and all my weight came down on the side of my foot. Great story.
This morning I'm at home while my family is doing one of my FAVORITE things in C'ville. Our church hands out around 4,000 ice cold water bottles at the Peach Festival parade. It's so much fun to laugh and work with the church family and it's a great outreach too. I sent Erin with my camera to document the entire thing, so hopefully when she returns I'll feel like I was there...without the sweating, or walking, or smelling the fair food on the square...uggg!
Things it is difficult to do on crutches:
1. Put on shorts without something to sit on.
2. Carry a glass of water to the living room.
3. Walk in the Peach Festival Parade.
4. Carry dirty clothes to the washer or from the dryer!
5. Feed the dogs!
6. Use the fly-swatter effectively without falling over.
1. It's not my sale time.
2. My sale is two months away.
3. I already have an orthopedic surgeon appointment on Wed.
4. We've already been to the beach.
5. Ryan got his driver's license last week so he can chauffeur me!
6. I can now read my entire camera user guide.
7. I got all the way to the couch with the blueberry container in the waistband of my shorts.