Thursday, June 25, 2009

This is the day

...that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

I'll admit that I've been struggling with this particular attitude since Monday. I'm not displaying the attitude of thankfulness or contentment or patience that the Lord would have of me. And I do have SO MUCH to be thankful for!

We got the best possible news from the doctor yesterday. No surgery and more importantly, NO CRUTCHES! I'm wearing a beautiful black boot for about 4 weeks and then I move up to a beautiful hard-soled black shoe for a few more weeks. He told us the lateral metatarsal takes a lot of abuse and would most likely heal itself back together in about 8 weeks. I didn't damage any joints so surgery will only happen if it doesn't heal properly. He added that the bone is close to the skin so it wouldn't be a big deal if we had to go in...that was over-sharing from my point of view.

Richard was ribbing me because I Googled the surgery...and quite shockingly there are pictures on Google images of open feet with surgery implements sticking out of them! Seriously, I was just wondering what kind of anesthesia I was going to be required to have. OH WELL, the "do not worry about tomorrow, because today has enough trouble of it's own" verse didn't click in until too late!

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS, and again I say REJOICE!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I bet Richard thought the surgery pictures were cool! :D