Friday, April 16, 2010

"Ripped"

No one has E.V.E.R. called me "ripped." That is a term saved for those who work out religiously and lift weights so heavy that their muscles actually tear and then when they build up they become what we call "buff." Another word I've never been accused of.

Point of the story, to grow, you have to stretch and I've been doing a lot of stretching lately. I've been getting out of my comfort zone and making big decisions that will dictate a good portion of our future.

The first time I did this was in the fall of 2008 and Richard and I decided to buy the Russellville franchise of Rhea Lana's. What a FABULOUS adventure it has been! It stretches me a million times during sale season and a thousand other ways during the off season. It's good for me and I like it. (I know that's what they say about exercise, but I haven't ever got that)

Last month we decided to stretch a little bit more and buy another franchise.


BROKEN ARROW, OKLAHOMA, here we come!

100,000 people live in Broken Arrow and it runs right into the wonderful city of Tulsa. It's a great market for our company. Although I fought the scariness of doing this out of my comfort zone, as I've stepped out and looked around and started the planning and thinking process, it is GOOD. I haven't done one of my events without the Lord's guidance and without my family's support. I couldn't. Not on my own.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for us. Hopefully many more friends and a ripped kind of faith.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Broken Arrow is near where all of Rai's family lives...if there is anything I can do to help EVER, please let me know...it's only a couple of hours away from where we live! Congratulations and good luck!

Meredith E. White said...

Totally awesome! I so appreciate your 'reframing' of the word ripped. I, too, have never been accused of the word ripped in regards to my physical appearance, but maybe there are other areas that I can be 'ripped' in. Praying for y'all as you continue to reach families across the US!