For my 100th post (give or take 1) I've composed a list of 100 things about me. If you're here...don't feel obligated to read all 100 items. I did learn some things about myself and so it's really just for me that I made the list. And obviously, I left out the stuff I need to work on.
1. I am a child of God. He made me, died for me and lives in me since November 1991.
2. I am deeply in love with my husband of 16 years.
3. I am a mother of 5. One boy, three girls, one in heaven.
4. I love to teach.
5. I love to sing and harmonize.
6. I love Christmas music.
7. I have an Advertising and Public Relations degree from the University of Arkansas. (1991)
8. I am very thin-skinned. (so don't comment if you don't like my blog!)
9. I would love to be an inspirational public speaker to women on marriage or parenting.
10. I love to read and I ALWAYS have a book in my bag.
11. I never drink coffee. I don't like coffee-breath or even the smell of coffee beans.
12. I want to write a book.
13. I always wanted twin boys, still do.
14. Philippians is my favorite book.
15. I love to sit on the beach and in the sun but I don't like to be seen in a swimsuit.
16. My favorite Christian fiction authors are Dee Henderson, Kristin Heitzemann & Lori Wick.
17. Unloading the dishwasher and cleaning the kitchen is my least favorite job in the house.
18. I think vacuuming is therapeutic.
19. I would love to have a wonderful flower garden someday with benches and bird baths and a water feature.
20. My favorite Sonic drink is a Diet Vanilla Coke.
21. My favorite restaurant is Red Lobster. (Bring on the cheddar bay biscuits!)
22. I have a bag fetish.
23. My favorite childhood memory is summer camp.
24. I do love Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies.
25. I have a lot of crafty tendencies but not a lot of resources.
26. I don't like to shop (spend money) but I do like to look.
27. Bible Study Fellowship has made a tremendous impact on my life.
28. I don't like to exercise but I wish I did. If Roller Skating was popular I might be in better shape.
29. My favorite food is peanut butter followed closely by salsa & chips.
30. My favorite word is "guacamole." (It's fun with any accent)
31. I love to play fast (and loud) card games like Nertz (Dutch Blitz).
32. If I had extra money I'd like to have a pedicure a couple times a year.
33. I loved having my first Rhea Lana Sale!
34. If I lost 50 lbs. I'd be happier and healthier.
35. My favorite hymns are Great is Thy Faithfulness and It Is Well With My Soul (verse 3 esp.).
36. I love autumn/fall colors: oranges, golds, red and cranberry.
37. I thought my wedding was a deep and rich cranberry color...but it was hot pink.
38. I love coconut cream pie (slightly warm) or pecan pie.
39. I like to read cookbooks with pictures.
40. The only magazine I read with any regularity is Family Fun.
41. I still like my everyday dishes even though I picked them out 17 years ago and Richard approved them only because of the size of the serving plate.
42. I am a Razorback fan - even when we lose.
43. I love to play games and I especially like to win.
44. I've always wanted to wear hats but I never have the courage to.
45. I love listening to my kids laugh.
46. The Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC is one of my favorite places in the US.
47. I can eat and enjoy breakfast food anytime of the day.
48. I prefer blue ink over black.
49. I love Sharpies!... in all colors!
50. My big splurge is getting my hair colored. (I really did used to be a blond)
51. I have been a Contact Mom for 8 years for Growing Families International.
52. I snuggle with Sheridan more than all my other children. (She's the last baby)
53. My act of rebellion in college was getting my left ear pierced twice.
54. I named one of my girls after my childhood best friend.
55. I love to mow the lawn.
56. I love Cinderella movies.
57. Every night when I put Sheridan in bed I say "God made you. Jesus died for you and the Holy Spirit wants to live in your heart."
58. I love to take naps.
59. I'd like to be friends with Beth Moore, Elizabeth Elliot and Elizabeth George.
60. I have a snowman collection but stopped buying any more last Christmas.
61. I am crushed (absolutely mortified) when people think bad things about me that aren't true.
62. I want everyone to like me. ( do realize this is impossible)
63. I am a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority.
64. I wish we had patio furniture.
65. I want to be known for helping/encouraging couples in their marriages.
66. I'd love to lead a hand bell choir or a ladies choir.
67. Fall is my favorite season.
68. I don't desire to travel overseas.
69. I pray for my children's spouses several times a week.
70. I love my father-in-laws homemade ice cream and pound cake.
71. I wish my parents could visit more.
72. I want to paint my master bedroom chocolate but I'm too chicken.
73. It chokes me up every time I realize my parents love my husband so much.
74. The first solo I ever sang was "El Shaddai" by Amy Grant.
75. For me, there's no place like home. (especially when we get the front yard landscaped)
76. I wish I had a purse I love. My husband thinks I have plenty.
77. I'd go anywhere with my husband.
78. I was in the band 6th - 12th grade. My favorite part was being drum major during marching season.
79. I had a job in college that let me sit at the press table, center court, at all the Razorback basketball games.
80. When I order food in a restaurant I read the entire menu then order my usual so I won't be disappointed.
81. I make great chocolate chip cookies and brownies.
82. My 1st date with Richard was to El Chico and a New Song concert.
83. I'm not a perfectionist.
84. I used to be 100% choleric. Now I'm choleric with my children, sanguine in public and phlegmatic at home.
85. I hardly ever have cash in my purse.
86. I love Kettle Korn and most fair food.
87. I cut all my kids' hair.
88. Our garage is the messiest room in our house and it drives me crazy.
89. I wish I had $ to take Richard to a Cowboys game in their new stadium.
90. My favorite Bath & Body scent is Velvet Tuberose.
91. I took piano lessons for 7 years. I play about 7 songs.
92. Richard has taken me on dates to Aspen, the Bahamas, Ashville, Atlanta, and Kansas City. (Oh yes, Six Flags over Texas too)
93. I'd rather get flowers (annuals/perennials/bulbs) than cut flowers.
94. My favorite HGTV show is Mission Organization (except they only show repeats now)
95. I like living in a small town and knowing teachers at school and someone at the doctor's office.
96. We live close enough to an airport and on a major US interstate to go anywhere we want to go.
97. I think growing a garden is cool.
98. My most valuable possession is my wedding ring.
99. If anything ever happened to Richard, I don't know what I'd do.
100. The Arkansas fight song is the ring tone on my cell phone.